Are you the bookkeeper we’re looking for?
ValueAdd Business Solutions Ltd is a Glasgow-based firm providing high-quality bookkeeping, accountancy and office support services to a wide range of clients. We specialise in helping small businesses manage their finances efficiently and effectively.
We’re on the lookout for an awesome accounts assistant with 3 years of Xero experience to join our team. If you’re motivated, experienced, and ready to rock, we want you! This is an employed position and we welcome full-time, part-time and job share applicants.
Most of the work you’ll do can be done from home, which is cool. But if you’re someone who likes to keep work and home life separate, we’ve also got office space in Glasgow available for you to use.
- Recording financial transactions in Xero/Hubdoc and reconciling bank accounts
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assisting clients with VAT and tax returns
- Communicating with clients to resolve accounting issues and answer questions
- Staying up-to-date with changes in accounting regulations and best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping experience, with a focus on Xero
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and not too shy to ask questions when struggling with technical queries or help co-workers who require support
- Ability to manage multiple clients and tasks simultaneously
- Experience with other accounting software, such as Sage, QuickBooks, FreeAgent would be valuable.
We really care about our team here at ValueAdd Business Solutions Ltd. We’ll give you a good salary (£27k-£30k, depending on experience), and you’ll have a lot of freedom to set your hours. We’re also into learning and growing, so we’ll help you do that. Plus, we’re all about supporting each other and working together as a team.
If you don’t have an official bookkeeping qualification but have experience, don’t worry! We’re happy to help you get certified. We know it’s worthwhile to get a qualification and our associated provider is the ICB (Institute of Certified Bookkeepers). If you’re into it, we’ll even include it in your package deal and pay for your certification.
If you are an experienced finance professional with a passion for helping small businesses succeed, we would love you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
If you’d like an informal chat to help you decide if it’s something you want to apply for then get in touch. Or if you already know this job has your name written all over it send your c.v.
Contact Michelle Smith: email@example.com and please use the phrase “Rockstar bookkeeper” as the subject line
(here’s a hint…if you don’t use the phrase above then I’ll know you haven’t read the advert properly and don’t have the attention to detail we need).